Administrative Assistant -maternity cover
The International Crisis Group is looking for a highly motivated Administrative Assistant with strong administration skills to support our team in Nairobi for a period of five months from end of September 2017.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant ensures day-to-day operation of the office, providing accounting, administrative, light IT support and logistics and communications assistance to staff based in the Nairobi Office.
- Cover front desk duties and serve as first point of contact for all office inquiries (email, phone, mail, and visitors);
- Handle all bookkeeping functions such as reviewing and paying vendor invoices, KRA, NHIF, NSSF, NITA, conducting bank transactions, reconciling bank statements, preparing monthly financial reports to headquarters and other accounting duties as directed;
- Supervising the cleaner and driver/logistics assistant;
- Monitor office supplies and replenish when necessary;
- Supervision of occupancy of the staff apartment, which includes ensuring total cleanliness of the staff guesthouse, maintaining repairs and requisition for any necessary supplies;
- Monitor office and vehicle insurance coverage and car track system to ensure timely payment;
- Maintain Finance files to ensure that information is up to date, available and accessible when need arises;
- Maintain office equipment and troubleshoot computer, network and software problems in coordination with the technical support centre in Brussels;
- Provide assistance in organisation of meetings and special events;
- Provide travel, accommodation and other administrative assistance to Crisis Group personnel and board members visiting Nairobi; and
- Assist with setting appointments and other administrative support as necessary.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Minimum CPA 1 qualification;
- At least three years of relevant experience, preferably in an international NGO;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications and databases;
- Must be highly organized and proven ability to prioritize and complete work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated administrative skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google environments;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and initiative; and
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.