Based in one of Crisis Group’s offices, the Analyst will research and contribute to the production of policy reports on International Crisis Group’s coverage of Iran, with a focus on the nuclear agreement with the P5+1 and Iran’s regional policies. S/he will also practically support meetings and events organised by Crisis Group.
- Conducts extensive research by gathering data of prevailing Iran-related issues from primary and/or secondary sources;
- Provides written analyses on the key issues concerning the nuclear agreement with Iran of the P5+1 as well as Iran’s regional policies;
- Prepares detailed reports, briefing papers and other written products (op eds, blogs, short notes) setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations in concise and clear fashion;
- Proposes policy initiatives for governmental, intergovernmental, political, and non-governmental stakeholders to address the underlying issues;
- Advocates – locally, nationally and internationally, as appropriate – and represents Crisis Group at events and meetings and in the media;
- In consultation with the Senior Analyst, Iran, Program Director and Vice President for Policy, prepares questions and topics, takes notes during meetings, writes analytical summaries of meetings, as well as memos to policy makers;
- Undertakes media reviews and maintains contact with journalists covering Iran;
- Maintains a network of relations with other researchers and analysts of Iran-related matters;
- Provides general support to the Senior Analyst and/or Program Director for Crisis Group activities and projects as needed.
Candidates who are interested in this role should apply by 20 August 2017.
- Master’s degree in international relations, political science, journalism, sociology or equivalent through experience;
- Three to five years of professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism;
- Proven excellent writing skills and the ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations;
- Knowledge of the Middle East region conflict issues;
- Experience in political analysis and conflict mitigation/prevention;
- An excellent verbal and written command of Persian and English;
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a strong capacity for effective teamwork;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.