Chief of Advocacy and Strategic Communications
The Chief of Advocacy and Strategic Communications is a new senior appointment at International Crisis Group, responsible for developing strategies to increase the impact of the organisation’s conflict prevention work and raise its visibility. The post-holder will lead an initiative to upgrade Crisis Group’s outreach and external messaging, including by directing focused campaigns on priority issues. She or he will manage Crisis Group’s advocacy and communications teams to better integrate their work and maximize the organization’s policy impact; provide strategic direction and oversight for the dissemination of all Crisis Group products; and develop global advocacy strategies for Crisis Group products in coordination with regional and cross-cutting programs as well as the Chief of Policy. The position reports to the CEO and works closely with the Chiefs of Policy and Operations to promote Crisis Group’s research and policy ideas, as well as with the development unit to ensure alignment of external messaging. The post-holder also represents Crisis Group externally as a key exponent of its message and brand.
- Devise and deliver an innovative, multi-year strategy to increase the organisation’s conflict prevention impact and bolster its public profile as the leading organisation in the field;
- For Crisis Group work products, prepare and supervise, in coordination with the regional programs and global offices, an outreach plan including launch events, advocacy engagements, media coverage, stakeholder convenings, etc. designed to maximize their impact;
- Align internal and external understandings of Crisis Group, its stance on conflict prevention and its role;
- Recruit new staff and manage existing and new staff in an integrated yet decentralised advocacy and strategic communications team, and ensure the effective management of its welfare and budget;
- Design and oversee campaigns focused on priority conflict issues and cooperate with relevant staff on their implementation;
- Liaise with NGOs and the private sector to build and maintain relationships and develop joint advocacy strategies;
- Support Crisis Group’s fundraising teams as necessary;
- Represent Crisis Group as a top advocate on conflict prevention, engaging with external stakeholders, notably the European Union and its member states, the media and in public as required;
- Contribute as part of the organisation’s senior leadership to Crisis Group’s overall advancement.
Crisis Group is working with Odgers Berndtson on this hire. Candidates who are interested in this role are advised to contact David Webber via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seven to ten years of experience designing and participating in successful advocacy initiatives, including internationally and in complex settings;
- Demonstrated competence in strategic communications, including in international environments;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of conflict prevention at the international level;
- Good understanding of effective advocacy in the EU;
- Team management experience and skills in motivating and guiding a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience of public presentation and communicating through speaking, writing and social media;
- High-level, native capacity in English; French proficiency.
- Strong editing skills for communication-type productions (op-eds, commentaries etc) and strategic documents.
- Strong networking and inter-personal skills, including working successfully with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Some experience working in conflict or post-conflict environments preferred.