Communication/Advocacy Volunteer Intern
The International Crisis Group seeks a motivated individual to support the communications department, as well as our Washington, DC team’s advocacy activities. The volunteer intern will work closely with the Head of North American Communications to assist with:
- Help manage Social Media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Draft short statements, and emails to journalists
- Format and design documents
- Perform other administrative tasks as required
As appropriate, the voluntary intern also will support in organising and delivering foreign policy-focused events with/on behalf of Crisis Group, and prepare summary research notes and updates, track policy/advocacy trends and changes, as well as key appointments in the Administration and congressional committee assignments.
- A demonstrated interest in international affairs and communications;
- Experience in a professional office setting;
- Strong writing, research, organizational, and computer skills;
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills;
- Knowledge of the U.S. media
- International experience and foreign language fluency a plus;
- Graduate students preferred but recent graduates are encouraged to apply as well. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-starting, and resourceful.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. International Crisis Group will not sponsor visa applications of any kind.