Fundraiser, Governments & Foundations
Reporting to the Director of Government & Foundation Relations, the Fundraiser, Governments & Foundations (Development Officer) will establish and maintain close relationships with current and prospective donors with a view to maintain and increase Crisis Groups donor base internationally.
- In collaboration with the Director of Government & Foundation Relations, contribute to the development and execution of the annual strategic development plan. Conceptualize institutional fundraising strategies and develop quality concept notes tailored funding proposals, liaising with the finance department to develop detailed budgets, for submission to current government and foundation donors;
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Government & Foundation Relations, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of government and foundation donors while identifying and qualifying new donors to meet fundraising goals.
- With wide consultation across the organization, review grant agreements, write reports, project updates, and other related materials needed to deepen prospect and donor engagement, secure grants, and steward relationships. Coordinate, facilitate and prepare advocacy visits, when needed with Crisis Group Program staff and senior leadership, with foundation and government donors, including periodic travel outside of Brussels. Keep abreast of any policy changes that may impact donor constituencies and monitor any forthcoming changes that could affect Crisis Group’s funding priorities;
- Conduct research on prospective government and foundation donors, proactively formulate entry point for funding, and work with the Director of Government & Foundation Relations to develop a strategy for cultivation and solicitation;
- If requested supervise the work of interns in the unit.
Candidates who would like to be considered for this role, should apply by 16 September 2017.
- Five years of fundraising experience in an NGO environment, preferably working with institutional donors;
- Excellent, demonstrated English language writing skills;
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with tight deadlines;
- Well organised, communicative and interpersonal working attitude, keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team environment; Knowledge of French or other European languages is highly desirable; and
- Experience in planning events or conferences would be an asset.