Humanitarian/MENA Volunteer Intern
The International Crisis Group seeks a motivated individual to support the Humanitarian Workstream and Iran Project, as well as our Washington, DC team’s advocacy activities. The volunteer intern will work closely with the project director(s) to assist with:
- policy-specific research on Iran (the nuclear deal and Iran’s regional policies),
- policy-specific research on the humanitarian consequences of conflict and humanitarian action in conflict situations globally,
- assist with logistical planning and organization of workshops,
- preparation of policy materials and backgrounders, and
- perform other administrative tasks as required.
As appropriate, the voluntary intern also will support in organising and delivering foreign policy-focused events with/on behalf of Crisis Group, and prepare summary research notes and updates, track policy/advocacy trends and changes, as well as key appointments in the Administration and congressional committee assignments.
- A demonstrated interest in international affairs;
- Experience in a professional office setting;
- Excellent writing, research, organisational, and computer skills;
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills;
- International experience and foreign language fluency a plus;
- Knowledge of Persian a plus;
- Graduate students preferred but recent graduates are encouraged to apply as well. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-starting, and resourceful.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. International Crisis Group will not sponsor visa applications of any kind.