Online Media Voluntary Intern, Brussels
International Crisis Group is currently seeking a voluntary intern in its Brussels headquarters to assist the Online Editor for a period of six months to start in early September. The volunatry internship would suit candidates with interests and experience in some combination of the following: creating multimedia content, video editing, developing online strategies, website management, social media monitoring, international relations, conflict studies, communications.
- Help develop graphics and multimedia content for Crisis Group’s website and social media;
- Monitor success of online efforts using google analytics and other tools;
- Update web content on website and internal intranet;
- Engage professionally with social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Monitor developments in online media and;
- Provide general administrative support.
- At least an undergraduate degree is required - a degree in multimedia communications, video editing, web design, new media, journalism, and/or international relations, politics, conflict studies, with a keen interest in both fields;
- Passion for social media and its potential as an advocacy tool;
- Ability to create multimedia content for social media, experience in creating videos and podcasts an asset;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- English language skills at native-speaker level, other language an asset;
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS an asset;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail; and
- Authorisation to work in the EU.