Policy Volunteer Intern
The International Crisis Group seeks a motivated individual to support the President and CEO, as well as our Washington, DC team’s policy activities.
The volunteer intern will work closely with the President’s team to assist with:
- policy-specific research on relevant geographic regions,
- drafting of speeches,
- preparation of policy materials and backgrounders, and
- perform other administrative tasks as required.
As appropriate, the voluntary intern also will support in organising and delivering foreign policy-focused events with/on behalf of Crisis Group, and prepare summary research notes and updates, track policy trends and changes, as well as key appointments in the Administration and congressional committee assignments.
- A demonstrated interest in international affairs;
- Experience in a professional office setting;
- Excellent writing, research, organizational, and computer skills;
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills;
- International experience and foreign language fluency a plus;
- Graduate students preferred but recent graduates are encouraged to apply as well. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-starting, and resourceful.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. International Crisis Group will not sponsor visa applications of any kind.