This is an opportunity for an engaging and motivated individual to bring together International Crisis Group colleagues in delivering complex conflict prevention projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for representing Crisis Group, acting as focal point and primary project contact with selected key donors; leading internal coordination in Crisis Group to deliver project activities and outputs; ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and governance arrangements are in place; drafting project documentation including progress and completion reports; and, designing project proposals for Crisis Group’s future conflict prevention work.
- Act as focal point and representative for Crisis Group with donors and other stakeholders on selected projects;
- Present and promote project objectives and achievements to external partners including to donors, government actors, UN agencies, in-country partners, and the media where appropriate;
- Promote internally the sharing of knowledge and best practice arising from Crisis Group’s participation in selected projects.
Project design and coordination:
- Collaborate with Crisis Group colleagues in designing project proposals including clear and achievable outcomes and outputs as well as related processes and time frames;
- Lead in conceptualizing and negotiating Crisis Group’s contributions to conflict prevention projects with donors and other external stakeholders, including creating processes and designing inputs that are coherent with Crisis Group’s mandate and methodology, and that are embedded into Crisis Group’s research, publication and advocacy plans.
Project management and reporting:
- Liaise actively with Crisis Group colleagues contributing to project activities - including field analysts, thematic experts, advocacy staff, and others - and create and manage a framework for monitoring to ensure effective delivery of project activities and outputs on time, in budget and to required standards;
- Draft and submit reports to project donors and other partners, ensuring that all reporting requirements are consistently met in line with required formats and time frames;
- In collaboration with Finance colleagues, manage project budgets and expenditure including activity funds administered under separate project budgets;
- Contribute to and thereafter monitor and take appropriate action on project risk management.
- Project management experience in an international NGO or similar organisation;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in project design and delivery;
- Experience of working in fragile and/or insecure environments including conflict-affected and/or post-conflict regions;
- Strong background in the field of conflict resolution and prevention;
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills, with a sense of collegiality and an ability to bring people together and to collaborate to generate results;
- Fluency in English including strong writing skills; fluency in French would be an asset;
- Well-developed social skills including communication skills , and the ability to develop working relationships and to represent at various levels;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexibility and ability to negotiate and build bridges between various parties, with ability to work under pressure.
If interested, please apply by 26 August.