Senior Analyst, Russia
Based in the Europe and Central Asia region, the Senior Analyst will research and produce reports on security, political, legal, governance, human rights and social issues related to Russia and the region.
- Conducts extensive field research into prevailing issues in Russia, with a particular focus on conflict-related issues;
- Provides written analyses on the relevant issues;
- Prepares detailed reports, briefing papers and other written products (op eds, blogs, short notes) setting out relevant research findings and policy recommendations in concise and clear fashion;
- Proposes policy initiatives for governmental, intergovernmental, political, and non-governmental stakeholders to address the underlying issues;
- Advocates, both locally, nationally and internationally, when appropriate, and represents Crisis Group at events, meetings and in media interviews;
- Provide general support to the Program Director with respect to current and future Crisis Groups activities and projects in the region;
- If required, supervises a small research team and/or field office.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, journalism, sociology or equivalent through experience. Master’s degree an asset;
- A minimum of five years professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism;
- Proven excellent writing skills and the ability to formulate well-targeted policy recommendations;
- Strong research and analytical skills and ability to propose policy interventions;
- Extensive knowledge of key issues in the region;
- Expertise of work on or covering governance issues, security sector reforms and institution building;
- A proven strong network of governmental and non-governmental officials, media and civil society in Russia and the broader region;
- Experience in political analysis and conflict prevention;
- Fluency in Russian and English;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a very strong capacity for effective teamwork.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
If interested in the role, please apply by August 20.