UN Advocacy Volunteer
Crisis Group is looking for a full-time volunteer to assist the UN Advocacy team. We are currently conducting interviews for this voluntary internship position and are looking to hire a volunteer who can start as soon as possible for a minimum of six months. The volunteer will be supervised by the UN Analyst and the Director of Multilateral Affairs/Head of New York Office. The volunteer is expected to:
- Track developments at the UN Security Council particularly regarding conflicts that are relevant to Crisis Group's work;
- Monitor and summarise official documents including relevant reports by the Secretary-General, Security Council resolutions, and statements;
- Schedule appointments, handle correspondence, keep track of calendars, travel and event coordination, take notes and answer phones;
- Contribute to research and writing projects on various topics as necessary and be asked to attend meetings and events as a representative of the organisation.
The position is primarily administrative in nature but offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in a high profile international NGO and to learn about the country specific and thematic issues as well as the UN system.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in international relations or a similar subject;
- Understanding of the United Nations system, preferably with experience working or interning within the UN;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English (other language proficiency a plus);
- Good research and note taking skills;
- Knowledge of Crisis Group reports helpful;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, email and internet applications;
- Good organisational skills, self-motivation and flexible;
- Must be available 40 hours per week for a period of at least six months;
- Authorization to work in the United States.