The International Crisis Group's Central Africa Project is looking for a voluntary intern to assist its Project Director, Deputy Project Director and Analysts in their daily activities. This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political conflict analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work, and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work and gain valuable experience in a high-profile international NGO. The voluntary internship would suit a bilingual French/English candidate with a recent undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, political science or related fields, seeking to gain experience in a fast-paced, international NGO working to prevent war and shape peace worldwide. We are looking for someone to start in mid-July for six months and will be based in the organisation's Nairobi office.
• Monitoring political developments in the Central Africa region via online sources;
• Providing assistance editing reports and briefings on conflict issues, and other documents produced by Africa program staff;
• Preparing advocacy and research materials and attending meetings with/on behalf of the Crisis Group staff;
• Assisting with carrying out weekly press reviews and composing monthly situation reports; and
• Other administrative tasks as required
If interested, please apply by 24 June 2019.