Volunteer Intern, Government and Foundation Relations
Crisis Group is seeking a full-time volunteer intern to assist its Development/Fundraising Department for a period of six months starting 2nd of September 2019. The volunteer intern will provide daily support to staff of the Government and Foundation Relations team in Crisis Group’s Brussels HQ. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Development Team in prospect research, briefing notes, grant proposals and grant reports, and day-to-day grant and donor management.
- Support the development of communication and data management tools and materials for internal and external purposes.
- Administrative and logistical support to periodic external events organised with Crisis Group’s donors, where needed.
- General administrative support, which includes enhancing and maintaining donor filing systems and support to the team as requested.
The position is primarily administrative in nature but offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable fundraising experience in a high profile international NGO. The successful candidate will discover how an organisation approaches and cultivates relationships with institutional donors, including governments and foundations (Please find a list of our donors: https://www.crisisgroup.org/support-us/our-supporters). They will learn how to identify and link governmental foreign policy or institutional thematic priorities with Crisis Group activities and develop a prospecting rationale.
- A recent undergraduate/post-graduate degree.
- Well organised, communicative and interpersonal working attitude, keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with tight deadlines;
- Excellent, demonstrated English language writing skills;
- Fluency in verbal and written English and French; other European languages a strong advantage; the ability to draft briefs, reports and summarise text.
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa or other means of working in Belgium without work permit sponsorship from Crisis Group.
If interested, please apply by July 31.