Volunteer intern, MENA
The International Crisis Group is seeking a voluntary intern for six months to support the MENA Program with research. The voluntary internship would suit candidates with a recent degree in international relations, conflict studies, the social sciences, or similar.
- Monitoring political developments in the MENA region via international sources;
- Providing research assistance on socio-economic issues in the MENA region for a longer report on the region’s intersecting conflicts;
- Providing research assistance for reports and briefings on conflict issues in the region, and other documents produced by MENA program staff;
- Preparing advocacy and research materials and helping organize and attending meetings with/on behalf of Crisis Group staff;
- Assisting the Research Unit with research and writing the MENA section of the monthly Crisis Watch.
- A degree in international relations, conflict studies, social sciences, or similar;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of conflict/peace and security issues in the MENA region;
- English and French language skills; Arabic an asset;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and online research tools; and
- Authorisation to work in Belgium.
If interested, please apply by August 15.