Development Volunteer Intern
The International Crisis Group is seeking a full-time Development Volunteer Intern to assist its Chief Development Officer (CDO) and the Development team for a period of four to six months starting May 2020. Reporting to the CDO, the Development Volunteer Intern will assist with writing development materials, prospect research and provide day-to-day donor management support. The position offers an excellent opportunity to discover how an international non-governmental organisation approaches and cultivates relationships with individual and institutional donors.
Based in Crisis Group’s New York, London, and Brussels offices, the Development team executes its work through mapping prospective donors, cultivating and building relationships with prospects and long-standing donors alike, and developing proposals and reports for a variety of individual and institutional donors. The successful candidate will learn how to identify and link institutional thematic priorities with Crisis Group activities and develop a prospective rationale.
- Conducting research to identify potential prospects and creating foundation profiles for new and current prospects;
- Assisting with the development of concept notes, proposals, and reports through research, writing, and copy editing;
- Assisting with the research, logistics, and coordination for donor and prospect events;
- Maintaining and improving the team’s databases and internal tracking systems, helping to ensure the team is in compliance with donor obligations and reporting deadlines;
- Collaborating with the team to effectively monitor the organization’s work, both for donor reporting purposes and to assess the organisation’s progress toward achieving its goals; and
- Providing general administrative support as requested.
- Currently pursuing, or recently completed, an undergraduate or graduate degree in international affairs, journalism, public administration, nonprofit management, or a similar field;
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Proven excellent writing skills;
- Experience maintaining organisational systems;
- Keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Docs/Sheets;
- Knowledge of international affairs, conflict prevention, management, and resolution issues, and Crisis Group’s body of work a plus;
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus; and
- Authorisation to work in the United States.