President & CEO
International Crisis Group, the world’s leading independent source of analysis, advice and advocacy on the prevention and resolution of deadly conflict, is seeking a new President & CEO to succeed Rob Malley, who, after three years, left the organisation in early 2021 to join the new administration in the United States. Based in Crisis Group’s Brussels headquarters, the President works closely with the Board of Directors and Trustees as well as the Senior Management Team to lead the organisation in accomplishing its strategic goals. Composed of senior political figures, as well as important global business and philanthropic figures, the Board is an important source of support for Crisis Group and its mission.
- Strategic direction and oversight;
- Leading, supporting and motivating an extraordinary global team of around 120 staff in up to 35 locations across five continents;
- Leading Crisis Group’s fundraising effort with private-sector donors, governments, and foundations;
- High-level advocacy on major issues; and
- Representation and promotion of the organisation worldwide.
- An outstanding record of service and achievement in international affairs, with significant experience of conflict prevention and resolution;
- Served at the highest levels of national government, the international system, or a similar organisation;
- Demonstrably strong intellectual and strategic leadership qualities, as well as formidable communications skills; and
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team builder who can positively and productively advance both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong people management skills with experience building organisational and team capacity; ability to develop and empower exceptional leaders, ensure accountability, and foster a respectful and collegial work environment.
Please apply before 15 October 2021.