Senior Analyst, Climate & Security, Africa
Based in the Nairobi office and reporting to the Program Director, Africa, the Senior Analyst, Climate & Security will research and draft reports on Climate and Security issues in Africa, with an initial priority focus on the Horn of Africa. The Senior Analyst will also contribute to our regional programs’ work that touches on this theme working closely with colleagues in the Africa Program as well as the Director, Future of Conflict.
- Conduct research and draft reports and other written products, on topics to be determined with the relevant colleagues in Africa as well as with the Director, Future of Conflict;
- Work with regional programs to shape and inform their products that address issues relating to climate and conflict;
- Represent Crisis Group in expert and other meetings to promote our analysis and policy positions;
- Perform other duties as required.
- PhD or master’s degree in relevant subject;
- At least seven years of work experience, including at least two years in the region;
- Proven expertise on climate and conflict issues on the continent;
- Strong drafting skills and a proven track record of writing for policy audiences, ideally with a strong publication record on relevant topics;
- Fluent English required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong capacity for effective teamwork;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
Candidates should apply by 2 May, 2021.