Purpose of the role:
Working in close cooperation with the other members of the Communications team, you will produce video content for Crisis Group’s social media channels. You will report to the Video and Multimedia Producer.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills in editing video software, with preference given to Adobe Premiere Pro. The Video Assistant will mostly make short videos to promote upcoming Crisis Group publications; help draft and coordinate the editing of scripts; search in our archives and on public platforms for video and still images that suit the topic; and edit other videos as needed according to our house style.
- Supports the production of diversified video content for Crisis Group’s social media channels;
- Edits video materials using Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and other video editing softwares;
- Produces text-based videos that highlight Crisis Group’s written outputs;
- Records video interviews with Crisis Group field staff and produces short videos for social media;
- Produces short videos that include motion graphics;
- Assists the Video and Multimedia Producer in the creation of mini-documentaries and animated videos;
- Sorts and classifies Crisis Group’s video stock;
- Analyses and reports on video products’ development on social media using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube Analytics;
- Contributes to and assists with the development of the overall communications plan;
- Performs other duties as required.
Candidates should apply before 5 April 2020.
- A degree in Film Production, Film Studies, Multimedia Design, Visual Communications, Animation, or similar. If a degree is not available, then 6 months of equivalent experience in the field;
- Proven knowledge of editing software, with preference given to Adobe Premiere Pro;
- Established knowledge of other relevant film editing/motion graphics software such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop;
- Good knowledge of technical requirements for indoor and outdoor videography, including lighting and sound recording;
- Creative vision;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail;
- Strong English language skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, to tight deadlines;
- Authorisation to work in the EU.