Volunteer Intern, Global Advocacy
Crisis Group is looking for a volunteer, working remotely, to assist the Director of Global Advocacy who is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maximise the organisation’s policy impact. Applicants must be available to work full- or part-time for a minimum of six months. The position offers an excellent opportunity to discover how an international non-governmental organisation approaches and conducts high-level advocacy.
- Help draft advocacy plans for Crisis Group’s work globally.
- Set-up and maintain a global advocacy database of key contacts.
- Maintain the global advocacy calendar of key international meetings, anniversaries and other events.
- Research and draft talking points, briefing notes, concept notes and other advocacy materials.
- Collaborate with Crisis Group advocates to help effectively monitor the organisation’s advocacy impact;
- Assist with the organisation of advocacy meetings and other events.
- Attend and report on virtual advocacy meetings, conferences and policy briefings with or on behalf of Crisis Group staff.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, conflict studies, political science or similar.
- Proven interest in and knowledge of politics and/or conflict prevention and resolution issues in at least one of the regions Crisis Group works on.
- Good verbal and written command of English is essential, proficiency in other languages a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent research, analysis and organisational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with an ability to deal confidently and swiftly with a variety of demanding tasks.
If interested, please apply by September 20.