Volunteer Intern, Latin America Research
Crisis Group is looking for a full-time volunteer intern to assist the Economics of Conflict and Latin America programs. The intern is expected to provide research assistance, mainly from Crisis Group’s New York office, on several ongoing projects related to political and criminal violence in Latin America. This voluntary internship position would start as soon as possible for a minimum of three months. The volunteer intern will be expected to conduct a variety of research activities, including:
- Monitoring and writing briefs on ongoing political conflicts in Latin America;
- Assisting in building datasets for quantitative analysis;
- Collecting social media information and classifying the tweets of political figures;
- Writing literature reviews and preparing briefs on specific political or criminal actors;
- Some administrative tasks as they may arise.
The position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable research experience and learn about pressing conflicts in Latin America while working at a high-profile international NGO.
- Advanced undergraduate or postgraduate work in political science or a related field;
- Working proficiency in English and Spanish (fluency is a plus);
- Good research and note taking skills;
- Computer skills, and particularly a strong command of Excel;
- Self-motivation and flexibility;
- Availability to work 40hours per week for a period of at least three months;
- Authorisation to work in the United States
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled.