Volunteer Intern, Philanthropy
Crisis Group is offering a great learning opportunity to work closely with a small but ambitious team to support fundraising efforts from the world’s leading philanthropy donors. In this volunteer internship you will discover how an organization approaches, cultivates, and stewards relationships with philanthropy donors (both individuals and corporations). This is a volunteer position for 3 to 6 months starting in September 2021.
We offer you learning on the job through:
- Assisting the Development Team through conducting research and compiling accurate profiles of prospective donors.
- Monitoring and analysing key corporate sectors and drafting monthly situation reports.
- Undertaking other research projects as agreed.
- Establishing and sustaining close relationships with prospective and current donors.
- Drafting funding proposals and correspondence.
- Assisting the team with the preparation and on-day support of Crisis Group events, including breakfast briefings, regular virtual events, such as Women’s Alliance roundtables etc.
- Maintaining the donor database and records on NXT Raiser’s Edge.
- Office management support and assistance in preparation for bilateral meetings (schedule appointments, handle correspondence, keep track of calendars, manage expenses, travel booking and perform other necessary tasks as needed).
This volunteer position will suit anyone interested in gaining broader insight into trends and new developments in the philanthropic landscape, and learning how to link institutional thematic priorities with Crisis Group activities. A significant portion of Crisis Group’s funding comes from philanthropy support and, as such, the Philanthropy Volunteer will be part of a team that makes it possible for Crisis Group to continue its work on preventing and resolving deadly conflict worldwide. Weekly meetings will be held to discuss projects and review progress, and the volunteer will have the opportunity to interact with others across the organisation, particularly the wider Development team and interns based in New York.
- Undergraduate degree or in pursuit of a degree;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Ability to conceptualise, write, and edit letters and proposals;
- Strong organisational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and reliability are essential;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a demanding environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge, and Google applications is an asset; and
- Authorisation to work in the UK.
If interested, please apply no later than 30 July 2021.