Volunteer Intern, Research Unit
The International Crisis Group is seeking an intern to work for six months with the Brussels Research Unit,
starting in early December 2019. The internship would suit candidates with a recent degree in international relations,
conflict studies, political science or similar.
- Research and draft background materials on conflict issues for Research Unit and field staff;
- Assist with the preparation and publication of CrisisWatch, Crisis Group's monthly bulletin on conflict around the world;
- Assist with monitoring conflict prevention resources and maintaining and updating the Research Unit's intranet; and
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to the Research Unit's work.
- A degree in international relations,
conflict studies, political science or similar;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of conflict/peace and security issues;
- Knowledge of eastern Europe and the Caucasus an advantage;
- English language skills at native-speaker level;
- Professional experience within an international relations environment/NGO desirable;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and online research tools; and
- Authorisation to work in Belgium.
If interested, please apply by 31 October.