Volunteer Intern, Research Unit
The International Crisis Group is seeking a volunteer intern to volunteer for six months with the Brussels Research Unit, starting in mid-August or early September 2020. The voluntary internship would suit candidates with a recent degree in international relations, conflict studies, political science or similar.
- Research and draft background materials on conflict issues for Research Unit and field staff;
- Assist with the preparation and publication of CrisisWatch, Crisis Group's global conflict tracker;
- Assist with monitoring conflict prevention resources and maintaining and updating the Research Unit's intranet; and
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to the Research Unit's work.
- A degree in international relations, conflict studies, political science or similar;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of conflict/peace and security issues;
- English language skills at native-speaker level;
- Professional experience within an international relations environment/NGO desirable;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and online research tools; and
- Authorisation to work in Belgium.
If interested, please apply by July 10.