Volunteer Intern, Research Unit
The International Crisis Group is seeking a voluntary intern to assist its Research Unit, starting in mid-February 2021. The six-month internship will be home-based at first and once/if COVID-19 measures permit it, at the organisation’s Brussels office. It would suit candidates with a recent degree in international relations, conflict studies, political science or similar.
- Research and draft background materials on conflict issues for Research Unit and field staff;
- Assist with the preparation and publication of CrisisWatch, Crisis Group's global conflict tracker;
- Assist with monitoring conflict prevention resources and maintaining and updating the Research Unit's intranet; and
- Carry out administrative duties relevant to the Research Unit's work.
- A degree in international relations, conflict studies, political science or similar;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of conflict/peace and security issues;
- English language skills at native-speaker level;
- Professional experience within an international relations environment/NGO desirable;
- Highly organised and able to pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and online research tools;
- Focus on Latin America desirable; and
- Authorisation to work in the EU.
If interested, please apply by 30 January 2021.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.