Volunteer Intern, Washington DC
The International Crisis Group seeks a motivated individual to support our Washington DC office, including but not limited to assisting with research, communications, and advocacy. The volunteer intern will work closely with the DC office team to assist with:
- drafting of memos,
- preparation of policy materials and backgrounders, and
- policy-specific research on the impact of US policy actions on conflict and conflict prevention/mitigation globally,
- perform other administrative tasks as required.
As appropriate, the voluntary intern also will support in organising and delivering foreign policy-focused events with/on behalf of Crisis Group, and prepare summary research notes and updates, track policy/advocacy trends and changes, as well as key appointments in the Administration and congressional committee assignments. The expected started date is late August/early September.
- A demonstrated interest in international affairs;
- Experience in a professional office setting;
- Strong writing, research, organisational, and computer skills;
- Strong inter-personal and networking skills;
- International experience and foreign language fluency a plus;
- Graduate students preferred but recent graduates are encouraged to apply as well.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-starting, resourceful, adaptable and team-oriented, and have strong policy writing experience;
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. International Crisis Group will not sponsor visa applications of any kind.